• Adaptability, creativity, and artistic flair.
• Disciplined work ethic paired with punctuality.
• Superior organizational and time management skills.
• Works well both independently and collaboratively.
• Strong verbal and graphic communication skills.
• Aptitude for illustration and technical drawing.
• Excellent research and problem-solving skills.
• Understanding of building construction and codes.
• Fluent in AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite, and Microsoft Office/Outlook. Dedicated attention to preparation of plans and working drawings, design presentations, visual renderings, details, material selections and schedules, as well as custom furnishing and lighting specifications. Review of shop drawings, submittals, and mock-ups to ensure quality and consistency. Created a timeline for the interior design project and estimated project costs. Placed orders for samples, worked with various Purchasing Agents through the procurement phases, and oversaw the installation of the design elements on-site. Addressed challenges, such as construction delays and the high cost or sudden unavailability of selected materials, while keeping each project on time and under budget.
SALES AND DESIGN CONSULTANT
• Representation of natural stone, engineered quartz, and tile distributors such as MS International, MGX, Pental, United Tile, Bedrosians, Teltos, TCE Stone, Cronin Co., Wilsonart Quartz, Cosentino and Caesarstone. Assisted with cabinetry sales for both Schrock Masterbrand Cabinets and Grand J&K Cabinetry. Successfully drove sales and built productive relationships with clientele. Worked closely with customers to determine their needs, answer questions about products and recommend the right solutions to ensure a smooth sales process. Complied with inventory control procedures and maintained weekly reports. Upheld the showroom’s visual appearance in high standards. Knowledgeable in software used for preparing countertop proposals (Moraware and Action Flow), as well as for commercial prospecting and estimating (STACK); ability to read Architectural plans.
PROJECT SALES MANAGER
• Representation of North American contract furniture and lighting manufacturers. Achieved high volume sales of top Hospitality brands represented, including Charter Furniture, Klem Hospitality, American Leather, Tuuci, Brown Jordan, Walters, Alger-Triton, and Hallmark Lighting. Consulted with IHG hoteliers to meet brand standards while undergoing renovation. Sustained rapport with key accounts by making periodic visits, exploring specific needs, and anticipating new opportunities. Managed each project from the initial stages of conception to the order’s completion. Reviewed project costs, budgets and adherence to schedules. Achieved marketing and sales operational objectives by implementing customer-service standards, as well as identifying trends, and determining system improvements. Maintained professional and technical knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reviewing professional publications, establishing and maintaining personal networks, and volunteering in professional organizations.
FF&E INSTALLATION SUPERVISOR
• Provided discerning clientele in the Hospitality industry with one-source FF&E and OS&E logistics and installation services. Ensured that the project vision and the design intent were reflected upon fruition. Participated in client and consultant meetings. Field supervision over a 10-15 person furnishings and artwork installations crew. Maintained inventory distributions lists, specifications check, and quality control. Performed installation site walks and punch list documentation.
- designONE studio | 2020 – PRESENT | Marietta, GA
- Dawson Design Associates | 2019 – 2020 | Seattle, WA
- I-5 Design Build | 2018 – 2019 | Olympia, WA
- Tops Solid Surface| 2016 – 2018 | Olympia, WA
- Self Employed\Wyatt Inspections | 2014 – 2016 | Atlanta, GA
- Klem Group | 2012 – 2014 | Atlanta, GA
- designONE studio (formerly AI GROUP) | 2009 – 2012 | Atlanta, GA
- Westley Contract Services | 2008 – 2009 | Atlanta, GA
- AI Group | 2007 – 2008 | Atlanta, GA
• Design Continuum, Inc. | 2007 | ATLANTA, GA
Knowledge of SPEXX interior design FF&E specifications software obtained.
• ART INSTITUTE OF ATLANTA | 2004 – 2007 | ATLANTA, GA
Bachelor of Fine Arts: Interior Design, Cum Laude
• TRUETT-MCCONNELL & UNIVERSITY OF GEORGIA | 1996 – 1999 | ATHENS, GA
Associate of Liberal Arts: Marketing and Business Administration
LEADERSHIP & HONORS
• Voluntarily served on the Atlanta Chapter NEWH [Network of Executive Women in Hospitality] Board of Directors and the NEWH, Inc. Executive Committee (Tradeshows, Scholarship fundraising, and Networking events).
o 2014 Chapter President
o 2013 VP/Development & NEWH, Inc. Delegate
o 2012 VP/Administration & NEWH, Inc. Delegate
o 2010 – 2011 Director of Programming
• Nominated Young Design Professional 2011 HD Expo & Convention (Las Vegas, NV); sponsored by Valley Forge Fabrics and Brintons Carpet