Steadfast Interior Design professional offering proficiency in both residential and commercial design specialties. Attuned to the importance of building professional working relationships within the industry to source and provide the most appropriate materials and furnishings for each project. Successful at listening to the needs of each client and collaborating with teams of varying complexities to produce solution-oriented designs, which flow into exceptional spaces that in turn, provide a maximum return on investment.
- Adaptability, creativity, and artistic flair
- Disciplined work ethic paired with punctuality
- Superior organizational and time management skills
- Works well both independently and collaboratively
- Strong verbal and graphic communication skills
- An aptitude for illustration and technical drawing
- Excellent research and problem-solving skills
- An understanding of building construction and codes
- Availability to travel as project needs require
INTERIOR DESIGNER @ DAWSON DESIGN ASSOCIATES | May 2019 – Present | Seattle, WA
INTERIOR DESIGNER @ I-5 DESIGN BUILD | Mar 2018 – Apr 2019 | Olympia, WA
INTERIOR DESIGNER @ DESIGNONE STUDIO | Oct 2007 – Jun 2012 | Atlanta, GA
- Focused and specialized understanding of Architecture and Interior Design (i.e. hotel guestrooms and public spaces, tribal casinos, food and beverage venues, offices, etc.), with a forte in Hospitality Design. Efficaciously sustained each project from schematics through construction administration and installation using software such as Microstation, SpecBook Pro, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite, Trello, Procore, Google Sheets, and Microsoft Office\Outlook.
- Preparation of plans and working drawings, design presentations, renderings, details, material selections, and furnishing specifications on projects of various sizes and complexities. Review of shop drawings, submittals, and mock-ups to ensure quality and consistency. Created a timeline for the interior design project and estimated project costs. Placed orders for materials and oversaw installation of the design elements on-site. Addressed challenges, such as construction delays and the high cost or sudden unavailability of selected materials, while keeping each project on time and within budget.
SALES/DESIGN CONSULTANT @ TOPS SOLID SURFACE | Aug 2016 – Mar 2018 | Olympia, WA
- Northwest representation of natural stone, engineered quartz, and tile distributors. Knowledgeable in software used for preparing countertop proposals (Moraware and Action Flow), as well as for commercial prospecting and estimating (STACK); ability to read Architectural plans. Successfully drove sales and built productive relationships with clientele. Privy to products and services offered, as well as current design trends. Worked closely with customers to determine their needs, answer questions about products and recommend the right solutions to ensure a smooth sales process. Complied with inventory control procedures and maintained reports. Upheld the showroom’s visual appearance in high standards.
PROJECT SALES MANAGER @ KLEM GROUP | Jun 2012 – Jun 2014 | Atlanta, GA
- Representation of North American contract furniture and lighting manufacturers. Sustained rapport with key accounts by making periodic visits, exploring specific needs, and anticipating new opportunities. Personally managed each project from the initial stages of conception to the order’s completion. Reviewed project costs, budgets and adherence to schedules. Achieved marketing and sales operational objectives by implementing customer-service standards, as well as identifying trends, and determining system improvements. Maintained professional and technical knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reviewing professional publications, establishing and maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
FF&E INSTALLATION MANAGER @ WESTLEY CONTRACT SERVICES | Nov 2008 – Nov 2009 | Atlanta, GA
- Provided discerning clientele in the Hospitality industry with one-source FF&E and OS&E logistics and installation services. Ensured that the project vision and the design intent were reflected upon fruition. Field supervision over a 10-15 person furnishings and artwork installations crew. Maintained inventory distributions lists, specifications check, and quality control. Performed installation site walks and punch list documentation.
- Completed installations: W Hotel Downtown (Atlanta, GA), St. Regis Buckhead (Atlanta, GA), Emory Conference Center Hotel (Decatur, GA), Lenbrook Commons (Brookhaven, GA), The Atlantic @ Atlantic Station (Atlanta, GA), The Lodge @ Primland Resort (Meadows of Dan, VA), and Loews Hotel Midtown (Atlanta, GA).
- Art Institute of Atlanta | 2004 – 2007
- Bachelor of Fine Arts: Interior Design, Cum Laude
- Truett-McConnell & University of Georgia | 1996 – 1999
- Associate of Liberal Arts: Marketing and Business Administration
LEADERSHIP & HONORS
- NEWH Atlanta Chapter – Board of Directors & Executive Committee (Tradeshows, Scholarship fundraising, and Networking events)
- 2014 Chapter President
- 2013 VP/Development & NEWH, Inc. Delegate
- 2012 VP/Administration & NEWH, Inc. Delegate
- 2010 – 2011 Director of Programming
- Awarded Young Design Professional 2011 HD Expo & Convention (Las Vegas, NV); sponsored by Valley Forge Fabrics and Brintons Carpet